We are (finally) renovating our library and lounge space at the courthouse! It has been quite the long road to get to this point, so we are excited it is actually happening.
During the renovations we will be undergoing some service changes at the library. The following services will be affected:
December 1, 2017 – January 1, 2018
The CCLA library will be fully closed for the month of December as we prepare the library for renovations. This means:
- No library staff, reference, or research services will be available on-site, by email, or by phone.
- No access to print or electronic resources.
- No computer access, printing, photocopying, scanning, or faxing available on-site.
- Courthouse wifi and access to the lounge and robing rooms will be unaffected.
During this time, if you need assistance with legal research we recommend contacting our friends at the Middlesex Law Association (519-679-7046) or the Toronto Lawyers’ Association (416-327-5700), who are both extremely helpful!
Computer access and scanning are also available at the main branch of the Ottawa Public Library.
January 2, 2018 – December 2018
The CCLA library will re-open with limited services in January while the renovations are taking place. We anticipate the renovations will take between 10 – 12 months. During this time there will be the following changes:
- During the first stage of renovations, the library front desk will be moved adjacent to the lawyers’ lounge. The main portion of the library will be closed and access will only be possible through the lounge. Halfway through renovations the library front desk will be moved back into the library and the lounge will be closed.
- Photocopying, faxing, printing, scanning, and time-limited computer access will be available with a smaller number of machines. There will be no access to these services by members of the public or court runners.
- Limited reference and research services available. Much of our collection will be packed away, but we will do our best to assist with reference requests during this time.
We are certainly looking forward to having brand new facilities that work better for our users and our space, but in the meantime we thank you for your patience while we renovate!